Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, Belgium National Shrine of St. Joseph, Bergoglio, Bishop Fellay, Brussels, Card. Muller, Cardinal Burke, Catholic Church, Delmotte's of Tournai, Engelbert Cardinal Sterckx, Great Cardinal, heretical pope, hippies, Hippolytus Loreta, Jesuits, Joseph Ratzinger, Kirchensteuer, Lamb of God, messeging, Modernists, MSM, narratives, Neo-Pagan, new springtime, Nuncio Cardinal James Cattani, optics, Pagan Christians, pathological, Pope Francis, Raymond Burke, Roman Curia, spirit of Vatican II, SSPX, St. Josephs Brussels, Synod 2014, Team Bergoglio, The Great Chastisement, Tradition, Truth, Vatican, Vatican II
Just as the Faithful await the resurrection of Our Lord on this Easter Vigil, the Church Militant likewise awaits the end of the Great Chastisement.
The post below is a re-blog from the Eastern European SSPX website. The subject matter was the re-opening of the Belgian National Shire to St. Joseph, a Church that the SSPX purchased in 2001.
And just as the Risen Christ triumphantly rises from His tomb, the Bride of Christ is slowly throwing off the neo-moderist heresy and reasserting Her pride of place among the nations and among God’s creation.
Give praise to the Lord for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever. O praise the Lord, all ye nations, and praise Him all ye people. For His mercy is confirmed upon us: and the truth of the Lord remaineth forever.
VIVA CRISTO REY!
FOR THE RECORD.
From the SSPX Eastern European District website. (see here, translated by your’s truely)
March 19, 2015: Brussels saw the re-opening ceremony – after 10 months of renovations – of the church of St. Joseph, belonging to the Society of Saint Pius X. On this day, in which the Catholic Church remembers Her holy patron, Bishop Bernard Fellay, Superior General of the SSPX, celebrated in this sanctuary a pontifical Mass and consecrated the organs. The ceremony was attended by many of the church’s former and present priests, under the leadership of Fr. Teodorykiem Legrand, director of the Belgian-Dutch district of the Society, and more than 400 faithful.
The Brussels church of Joseph was built between 1842-1849 by an initiative of King Leopold I of the Belgian Coburg dynasty; the architect who designed this sanctuary was Tylman Francis Suys, inspired by the church in Rome overlooking the Spanish Steps, the Church of the Holy Trinity (incl. Trinita dei Monti). The foundation stone of the church was laid on April 6, 1842 by Engelbert Cardinal Sterckx – Archbishop of Mechelen-Malines and Primate of Belgium. On the 24th of June 1874, Nuncio Cardinal James Cattani made the consecration and announced that the Holy See has established the Church of St. Joseph as the National Shrine of the Holy Roman Catholic Church (St. Joseph has been the patron saint of the Kingdom of Belgium since 1679). Up to 1989, the Redemptorist fathers had possession of the church, and afterward the church was transferred to the Syriac Orthodox Church. In 2001, St. Joseph’s Church was purchased by the Society of St. Pius X, who had a chapel and priory in Brussels since 1979.
The historic organ that were consecrated by Bishop Bernard Fellay were made in 1858 by Hippolytus Loreta, a Brussels organ-builder, and rebuilt in 1953; their repair was made organ masters which boast a 200 year family business tradition, Delmotte’s of Tournai.
The photo gallery of the event can be seen on the French side of the SSPX District and on the DICI. (see here)